Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Almost left Nairobi... almost

Got to the bus/truck stop yesterday and no bus, and no truck.

They promised one at 4pm today, now it's almost 5pm. I'm obviously sitting at a computer and not on a bus, or a truck.

There is a Bus, it does exist, they are just changing the tyres. It's been sitting in the same place all day, I can't help wondering why they were not changing the tyres this morning.

And I'm told the bus journey to the border is not 15 hours, it's 26 hours on a very rough road. I got it wrong because the times on the ticket are half written in international time and half written in Swahili time.

I don't have a business visa. The headmaster of the school said just to enter on a tourist visa and that we will work it out when I get there. So same as 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it will happen. But if it doesn't I still have enough time to get back to Edinburgh to pick up work for the summer.

How's that bus looking... nope, still has two tyres lying in the mud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home