Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Hanging out in Nairobi

It looks like I might be hanging out here for a while longer. I got confirmation from the school that I should get a tourist visa as long as I email an image of my passport info page first. So I did that, took two days and a bit of money. 5 mins ago I checked my email and they say not to get a visa as they need to get me a business visa first... hmmm. Why didn't they phone?

Flic is heading back to Aus tonight. She has her very own Aussie nurse and doctor to accompany her (as well as her mum) and also her bike Edward. I thought he was stolen, but I was happily mistaken. She is no longer so stressed and anxious. the doctors are really pleased with her recovery.

So I guess I'll hang out here for another while, but without the free accommodation, free breakfasts and cheap hospital food. I suppose I'll get a chance to go to the snake park, giraffe centre and other touristy things which I've been too lazy to see yet.

Then I'll make my way North to the border town where I'll wait for the go-ahead from the school which in turn is waiting for documents from immigration to get me through. aaugh, paper work. it's all so ridiculously and inefficiently officious.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that Flic is recoverying. Do take care as you wander around Nairobi -you know the pitfalls I guess, but don't be complacent!!
Just think of the employment that you are providing with all the form filling that you are doing!! Fingers crossed that it all falls into place very soon. M

12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel Walton!!

I have finally checked your blogspot after not looking for month as for a year or so there has been nothing!! Thought you were lost forever! It is Raelene here. My life is not so exciting as yours but have just had my third baby (Alice). Would love to hear from you but not sure how to get a hold of you and not sure if I can leave my email address on this and not get 15000 unwanted emails. Will keep an eye on the blog and maybe you can let me know how to get in touch... Take care of you and hope that your friend Flic is continuing to get well. Love Raelene

12:01 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey M.

Flic's a strong chick. You might have to keep those fingers crossed for a while, things are quite slow here.

Hey Raelene
Thanks for getting contact. glad you found me. I'll leave details for you on the next post.

XX r.

4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home