Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Raelene!

I got a comment on my last post from this ace chick from high school who I haven't seen in over a decade. So excuse me while I just take the opportunity to send her a personal message...

Raelene! can't believe you found me... can't believe you were looking! It's been too long. Congratulations on all your babies. I don't think you can leave your email address here without getting a million unwanted emails. I have changed my email address from lycos.com to myway.com. you can also find me on facebook or myspace (www.myspace.com/youngcrone) or you can send an email to rat.bat.cat@gmail.com ...I only use it for internet registration so don't care if it gets spammed. Looking forward to being back in touch. XX

Ok, for the other three of you... I'm still in Nairobi. the latest update on the business visa situation is that it is only possible for a New Zealander to get a business visa from Melbourne (there is no Ethiopian embassy in NZ) and nowhere else including Ethiopia. The School is trying to apply on my behalf by computer. If that is not possible they say I must apply in person. The contact at the school is coming to Nairobi this weekend, so I hope to meet up with him to discuss options.

If I have to go to Aus just for a visa: I won't. I can't afford to go to Aus to go to Ethiopia when I'm a short 13 hour truck ride from the border. If I can't get this job I'll most likely go to Addis Ababa (the Ethiopian capital) anyway (as I already have a tourist visa) and then as I'll be out of money by then, return to Edinburgh for summer work, and most likely back to NZ. In which case I hope to bring back my friend David, to give me needed purpose and direction to returning, and cause he's cool.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

6:16 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good way to advertise a T-Shirt printing company.

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
If you need anyone to ring Melbourne for you...a postal address in Melbourne...anything in Melbourne...well, i'm there and more than happy to help.

cat
xxx

5:31 am  
Blogger Brad said...

Hey Rachel!!

Hope everything works out with the visa and whatnot. Sounds like you're having a great time prancing around Africa. Maybe you can show me around the next time I get over there.

5:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes the visa thing is a bore. I was all packed and ready to go back to Sudan when at the last minute my visa fell through....so all packed and nowhere to go and nothing to do.....mmmm...gotta love it

Hope the visa works out for you - in the back of my mind was a week's break in utopia should I ever make it back to Sudan.

PS - Brad are you not in Khartoum anymore?

8:50 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey you three. I feel all special and loved.

CAT: thanks heaps, but I now have the email for the Embassy there so should be ok. If I need ya, i'll let you know.

BRAD: I'm sure it'll work out, they don't make it easy, and they don't call it Africa for nothing. I'll be happy to show you about... as long as you don't kill any of my spiders, they eat mosquitos, I like them... spiders are my friends.

ROSA: Gutted! that sucks. I hope you find a way back to sunny Sudan. Brad is back in DC. His blog is http://zigawatt.blogspot.com

I should create some sort of links section with everyones blog sites. I'm just not that high tec.

thank y'all for commenting, nice to know you're there.

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home