Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Getting a Visa part 3

Day 7 of the visa application process. the Volunteer programme has got the Ministry of Higher Education in Khartoum to send a letter of authorisation to the Visa department here. Hope that works.

I popped back to Alexandria for a night to pick up my stuff and say hi to Jake and his girlfriend Sara. Also to say goodbye to Star who I have been traveling with foor the past 2 weeks. Now I'm back in Cairo for as long as it takes. I have checked in to a cheap hostel, the kind where there are no locks on the doors so you lock your backpack each time you leave.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe, already miss you. It's really quiet and boring here without you... ;-)

So happy to be out of Cockroach-Central though. Unclogged shower alright, now we just need a working fridge. But it's just gotten colder here, so it's not too bad. We had rain yesterday. RAIN!!! I'll type that again: RAIN. I know, pretty shocking. And I thought for a while it would maybe rinse all the dust away down the drains. Then I came to and realised there are no drains. But the mud is a welcome change...

Stay focussed, married and pregnant.

Imagine a hug,
Star

2:59 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ta babe.

That married to an offical thing really did the trick. You are a genius.

Cheerio
R.

8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home