Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Getting a Visa Part 1

I'm back in Cairo with a goal to get a Visa for Sudan.

Yesterday I went at 2.03pm... 3 minutes after close. but it was not a total waste of a journey as I discovered that I needed $100 US dollars not $85, and they do not accept Egyptian pounds or plastic.

Today I got there on time, with the correct money, invitation letter from the volunteer programme, four passport photos with head scalf (just in case), four passport photos without head scalf (just in case) passport, 2 photocopies of passport and two photocopies of my Egyptian visa.

So I discovered what I now need is: letter of reccomendation from my Embassy and a letter of invitation from Sudan. They didn't seem very impressed with my Uk letter of invitation so I think I might doctor that a bit, give it a letterhead, cut it down to one page, print it out on fancy paper. Already ethics are bending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home