Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Technical Difficulties

A couple of months ago my email provider lycos did a huge overhall of their website and since then my ability to send emails sucessfully is sporadic at best. I'm also dealing with the frustration of regular power failures... especially while attempting to compose CVs and cover letters.

Missy: I have sent you a few emails but they have bounced back, Thank you for the youtube footage links. The stage seems worlds away.

The Swiss Connection: Hi guys, you have possably recieved a few emails that have a subject title but no text. I don't know what is up with that. Anyway, I have left Scotland and am traveling again. I can recieve emails fine... just can't seem to always be able to send them.

Dave: write.

In other news my left nipple peircing caught on my braclett in the shower and I half ripped it out of my body. I have reluctantly made the very adult decision and removed it completly. if I had left it in it would have healed squint. yes, it did hurt. I feel unbalanced but I'll get over it, I just have to convince myself that my right side will not decend faster than my left owing to the additional weight. I'll probably get my left re-pierced when it is healed. I've noticed things seem to take a lot longer to heal here, it could be a while.

Ramadam has started. no eating, drinking, smoking etc during daylight hours. So for me that means no eatiing or drinking in public in daylight hours. In some places dedicated muslims won't swallow their own spit during the fasting month. I'm glad Egypt is not one of those places

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sugar!

As long as you got the links & photos! Got your postcard from Venice three days ago! That was ages ago!

Missing you
Missy xx
www.missymalone.co.uk

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, having trouble getting my emails thru to you. Also David Wolton from svp has been trying to email you. He thought it was rejected because it may have been filtered as a spam. His email address is david@svp-uk.com. I will keep trying to send mine on to you .Love Margaret

4:03 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Missy: Thank you!

Margaret: I'm somewhat relived that you are having difficulty getting though, I have received almost nothing but spam for a week. I shall attempt to get through to David from the Sudan Volunteer Programme. That's for the info, I'm glad this blog thing works.

12:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion: How about getting a temporary hotmail address and then I can get all the emails forwarded to you. Please contact Dr. George Scanlon who teaches at the American University of Cairo, he is a friend of David Wolton's, and will presumably interview you. ph:010185 0422 or home (Cairo prefix) 735 3323. You will have to go to him, as he is unable to leave Cairo because of work commitments. Love Margaret

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home