Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Still Complaining

My health hasn't improved that much, I now have the flu to join everything else. I have a tiny bee sting under one toe. I have a ant bite on my butt. The mosquitoes have increased. The blisters on my pink bits are taking their sweet time to heal (as long as I'm sitting I'm ok but walking brings tears to my eyes, literally) and despite sending out loads of valentines over the past few years, this year I got none (admittedly I sent none too)... yes I'm wading through a deep murky swamp of self pity and I know it.

So I thought I'd give you a different perspective. Some of the other volunteers write blogs and journals. Here are three:

Brad and Emily a lovely couple who arrived last month (Hi, by the way, to Emily's sister Kat). They also have a blog spot but theirs has more (and better) photos and video footage...yay. You get to see one of the market/bus stations. they also write more regularly : http://zigawatt.blogspot.com/

Rosa blogs sporadically like me, she has also been here since November and we often hang out together. She is having a party at her house tonight : http://rosas-place.blogspot.com/

And Kasia is a new volunteer, she's a Polish American (who denys the American bit but who wouldn't) and she writes for an online Christian journal : www.liveasif.org/view.cgi?type=w&list=20060911002 . No, she has not come here to convert anyone, and yes I did ask her.

So three totally different perspectives of similar experiences.

3 Comments:

Blogger fiona said...

kiss kiss xxxx


hope ou feel better soon xxxx

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-----------xx----xx-----
----------x---xx---x----
----------x--------x----
-----------x------x-----
------------x----x-----
--------------x----------

1:25 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh you guys. thank you. I'll try not to be such a whinger in future posts.. oh who am i kidding.

Thanks again. XXX r.

4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home