Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ruins of old buildings


I keep thinking about money, it’s a weird feeling having to pace out my finances for a long period of time, and also not earning. The Jordanian Dinar is about 1:1 with the British pound, but I have to remind myself, I don’t have British pounds in my New Zealand bank account.

So I have a daily budget that I always go over. But have allowed enough for trips to many of the historic sites. This place is oooold, really old, stupid old, like literally ancient history type old. And here are some photos...

A Byzantine place 5 mins walk from my hotel, and that white dot is the moon.



Inside of of the buildings at the Amman Citadel, 15 mins walk from my hotel.



Umm Quais at the very tip top of JOrdan, this is a view of Syria, and Golan Heights. 



Sun hats for sale. 



Jerrash, about an hour North of Amman. 




A museum in Jerrash.



Jerrash




Amphitheater in Jerrash... The roams love their amphitheaters, there were 2 in Jerrash, a couple in Amman, Also in Petra, this place is littered with Roman amphitheaters.



If I had read my guide book or paid for a guide I would be able to tell you what it is, but all I can say is the the fluro pink ice cream I bough of the kid was delicious in the heat of the day. 



Hercules temple at the Amman Citadel behind my hotel.  



Cool huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home