Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Back on the road... or in the air

Hello,

Long time I know. I’m back travelling, so I thought I should get back to blogging again too. This time I’m kitted out. Half my pack is weighed down with cables, adapters, dongles and cords. I have a MacBook, iPhone, external hard drive, Kindle, camera and iPod... I don’t yet have insurance I should really think about getting some.

Just to catch up, after returning to New Zealand in November 2009 I got a job as an office administrator which I really enjoyed, I started up the Wellington branch of Dr. Sketchy and ran it for 2.5 years, did a few burlesque gigs and other stuff about which I wrote and performed an award winning, critically acclaimed, sell out stage show. And then I left. Cause that’s how I roll.

I’m writing now on the flight from New York to Frankfurt. I have taken the logistically ludicrous but nonetheless fun path to Jordan via Sydney (4 hours), Tokyo (one week with glorious hostess Laurel), London (4 days to hang out with people of above average sexual attractiveness), New York (2 weeks submerged in bohemian, creative, burlesque bliss) and Frankfurt where I’ll be spending 13 hours, and if they have free wifi, where I’ll be posting this blog (they didn't I'm posting from Jordan).

My Journey so far:
So here’s my plan: I don’t have one. I have ideas, Arabic classes in Jordan, and volunteer work in Palestine. Maybe a trip to Damascus depending on what’s going down in Syria. With this blog my plan is to be more concise, more regularly and with more photos. I have the technology. I also would like to figure out this whole tweeting business. I have mastered Facebook.

I think I have saved enough money to stay for a year. I think, but who can say where life will lead me and how much it will cost.

So, less writing and more photos here are a few shots from my journey so far:

Tokyo:
London:
New York:

Ok, it wasn't all bright lights, big cities. There was Spring sunshine, friends and wondrous adventures, here is a little more perspective...

Japan:
London:
and New York:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to follow your adventures, cat x

10:45 pm  
Blogger Rachel Rouge said...

Thanks Cat.
:-D

5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home