Rachel Travels

Rachel thought a blog was the best way for other people to see what she was up to. It makes her feel special to write about herself in the third person.

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Plan

Wednesday (23rd Aug) night Missy and myself head through to Glasgow and stay in the hotel next to the airport. Thursday morning we fly Glasgow-London-Italy Missy and I are performing at a rockabilly festival there ( www.summerjamboree.com ). Missy will return to the UK with my stilettos, feather fans, vintage underwear and other stuff that I will have no longer have use for... and I will continue on.

I will head to Milan then on Tuesday the 29th fly Milan-Athens, and on friday the 1st of September fly Athens-Alexandria. I am booked onto a month long TEFL course. The course finds job placements. I would love to head down into the heart of the continent from there. but I haven't saved enough money. so I'll find work maybe in the Middle East maybe not. I'll let you know when it happens.

Last night my sturdy, dependable nokia 3310 died. So I have lost my most used means of contact, and my phonebook. I'll see if I can get my sim card into someone elses phone, but if not

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wondering if you are the same rachel that i know and love that once lived in melbourne, australia.....?
hope so coz it would be so nice to be in contact with you again.

cat
xxx

3:12 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Cat,

Are you Cat the raven haired beauty of euphoric rituals all those years ago? Golly it has been a while. I still have my wee version of your bodypainted snake on my back. Great to hear from you. My email is still youngcrone at lycos dot com. If your email is the same i'll drop you a wee line to catch you up.

xXx Rachel

6:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the one and the same.....i'll e-mail you from work and catch you up on the last 5 years or so....
i'm so happy to find you again...

cat
xxx

3:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach,

thanks for the sms. Seeing as how your phone died I figure this message is at least likely to reach you here. Thanks for the update, pity I never got round to visitng you in Edinburgh, I guess I'll have to catch the show next time you settle down somewhere for a while and find some more vintage underwear!

Good luck with everything on the dark continent!

®

1:01 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Rene

Great to hear from you. Hope all is well in the flat lands

Xx R.

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home